Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lupita Nyong'o Talks New Fame & Career Future in DuJour January 2014

She made quite a name for herself thanks to her performance in "12 Years a Slave" and now Lupita Nyong'o opens up about her new fame in the January 2014 issue of DuJour magazine.

The 30-year-old actress looked absolutely stunning in designer garbs from Roberto Cavalli and Narciso Rodriguez for the Steven Pan-shot spread while chatting about her stardom and her future.

Check out GossipCenter's recap of Miss Nyong'o's interview below. For more, be sure to visit DuJour!

On her rise to fame:
"My life changed about three weeks ago. That's when my schedule went from nil to this. Lots of people come up and touch my back and want to give me a hug. At this point, it's not too crazy. I let them hug me."

On her audition for "12 Years a Slave"
"When I learned Steve McQueen was directing and Brad Pitt was producing, I thought, 'Well, this is huge.' I had no expectation of getting the role at all; it was just too out there for me to think I had a chance. So I approached the audition like a rehearsal. It was my chance to have that role for 10 minutes, and I owned it. Then I got the part and the panic began."

On her future in acting:
"I would love to have a career that's governed by the material; I always want to be part of stories that I feel are worthwhile. And they don't all have to be as heavy as '12 Years a Slave.' I do my best work when I feel conviction to say something through the character I play. Always I want to have integrity and not compromise that."

Source: http://gossipcenter.com/lupita-nyong%E2%80%99o/lupita-nyongo-talks-new-fame-career-future-dujour-january-2014-1010067

Asia Argento Nichole Robinson Natalie Portman Natalie Imbruglia Kim Kardashian

No comments:

Post a Comment