Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fred Armisen Talks "Late Night" Band Leader Gig

It came as a surprise when Fred Armisen was announced as the new band leader at "Late Night," but the "Saturday Night Live" alum is eager to take on the new venture.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the funny man talks about joining pal Seth Meyers, sharing, "We talked about me not really talking very much. I didn't need it to be my show -- Seth has that covered. I?ll do anything for Seth because he?s my friend and he?s brilliant, and my answer to things is usually, ?Yeah, let me try it. This is new to me.'"

As for his inspiration, Fred reveals, "I like to think, 'What would [Flaming Lips frontman] Wayne Coyne do?' I love how he lives his life and I think he would have done this. Also, and I really mean this, 'What would James Franco do?' because James Franco has turned his life into a real art project. In my opinion, that?s the way to live."

Check out Seth, Fred, and his 8G Band when "Late Night with Seth Meyers" premieres on Monday, February 24th at 12:35 ET.

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/seth-meyers/fred-armisen-talks-late-night-band-leader-gig-1058565

Jaime Pressly Michelle Rodriguez Carol Grow Jodi Lyn OKeefe Ashley Tisdale

No comments:

Post a Comment