Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jon Hamm in Glamour May 2014: Don Draper is a "Terrible Guy"

"Mad Men's" final season is underway, and Jon Hamm took a break from set to accept the honor of Glamour magazine's guy of the month for May 2014.

During his chat with the publication, the "Million Dollar Arm" stud opened up about his character, Don Draper, and revealed his professional baseball aspirations.

Check out highlights from Jon's interview below and for more, head over to Glamour!

On why he was interested in his new movie, Million Dollar Arm:
?I wanted to be a professional baseball player when I was a little kid. I still play in a league out here [in L.A.]?a bunch of old dudes who get together on Sundays. It was cool until we got to the playoffs, which were a disaster. But I really like baseball movies?and it was nice to actually play a guy with a heart and emotion for a change.?

On his Mad Men character, Don Draper:
?He?s a terrible guy. It?s not his fault he?s damaged, but he?s a terrible guy.?

On why men and women should not define Don Draper as the ultimate man:
?With men, it?s like, ?That?s the guy you want to be?? Go buy a nice suit and comb your hair, but don?t do the other parts of the character [the cheating, the lying, etc.]. And I find it crazy when women like Don. There are better dudes. You wanna date smart, good-looking, talented Ken Cosgrove [the sweet adman played by Aaron Staton]. That?s who you want to be with.?

On being perceived as handsome:
?It?s weird, honestly. When I look in the mirror, I see the same person I?ve seen since I was 10 years old. I don?t wake up in the morning and go, ?There he is! Hot guy number one!? Absolutely not.?

On on his girlfriend of 16 years, writer-actress-director Jennifer Westfeldt:
?She?s beautiful, smart, talented, and funny. I?ve seen girls walk up to Jen and say her films spoke to them so deeply they just had to thank her. Then they?ll look over at me and be like, ?Oh, you?re here too!??

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/magazines/jon-hamm-glamour-may-2014-don-draper-terrible-guy-1125619

Izabella Miko Penélope Cruz Cheryl Burke Marley Shelton Dominique Swain

No comments:

Post a Comment