Friday, March 7, 2014

Emily VanCamp in ELLE Canada April 2014: "Josh and I Keep it All Very Separate"

With her upcoming superhero flick "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" slated to hit theaters April 4th, Emily VanCamp pitched in on promotional efforts by covering the April 2014 issue of ELLE Canada magazine.

While rocking a few poses for the Colette de Barros-shot spread, the "Revenge" star opened up about everything from her relationship with co-star Josh Bowman to her "girl next door" reputation.

Highlights from Miss VanCamp's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit ELLE Canada!

On Josh:
"Josh and I keep it all very separate. I barely talk about him in interviews, to be honest. It?s just really funny in the moments when we?re playing these absolutely absurd things. I call him ?wife-beater Daniel.? It?s hard for my family to watch?it?s also hard for them to see me in that light. But we?re actors. None of that lives in any of us. Thank God!"

On her "Revenge" character:
"I?ve always been very good at letting my characters go at the end of the day. For almost three years now, I?ve been playing with these heightened emotions?someone who?s so much more tortured than I could ever be, with so much more anger than I could ever have. At a certain point, it does start to weigh on you physically and mentally, and suddenly you?re not coping with things as well. I think it?s emotional exhaustion. It?s definitely something I?m trying to catch and change as much as possible when I really feel that it?s getting me down. I started meditating this year, which was hugely helpful. You have to let this all out."

On her goody goody image:
"I?m nothing like the girl next door. When you think of her, you think of a strong moral compass and a wholesome upbringing, but my life has been anything but conventional or normal. It?s a really odd way to be described by people who don?t really know you. I kind of preferred, as I entered into the Revenge and Captain America realm, the bada** thing that people were talking about. Maybe that?s a little more like me."

On her dealings with the paparazzi:
"It?s the weirdest and most annoying thing. I don?t think actors who are working should ever complain?there are shitty parts, but you deal with it. I grew up in the countryside, though, so I like to go to the grocery store in my sweatpants or maybe even take it to the level of going to the store in my onesie. But I can?t do that anymore. Or, for instance, I stole my sister?s really comfortable sweatpants and took my garbage out in them and was caught by the paparazzi, so I had to give them back!"

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/emily-vancamp/emily-vancamp-elle-canada-april-2014-josh-and-i-keep-it-all-very-separate-1078143

Jennifer Gareis Lauren Conrad Thandie Newton Victoria Pratt Minka Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment